This document shows you how to install a test build so that you can test your Brightcove Beacon app without going through the app submission process.
A high-level view of the process is:
- Create a development account on the LG developer site.
- Configure the settings for your development account.
- Install the webOS IDE.
- Install the test package (IPK).
Creating a developer account
To use the Developer Mode app, you will need a development account on the LG developer portal site.
In a broswer, navigate to the LG webOS TV Developer site.
- In the top right, click Sign In.
- Either sign in or select Create Account. When creating a new account, a Select Country dialog will appear.
- After you have created an account, install the Developer mode app on your TV.
Configuring your account
With the Developer Mode app installed on your TV, you will sign in and customize some settings.
Launch the Developer mode app on your TV. Enter your credentials from your account created on the LG Developer site.
Turn on the following properties:
- Dev Mode Status - to turn this option on, you will need to reboot the TV
- Key Server
- Clear Cache Data - this is optional
- Leave the TV on because you will need the IP Adress and Passphrase to connect to the TV.
Installing the webOS IDE
Now, you are ready to install the webOS IDE on your computer.
- Install the webOS IDE on your computer.
- Launch the webOS IDE.
Create a new target connection.
- Open the Target Configuration Menu
Create a new target configuration
In the New Target Connection dialog, enter the following:
- Device Name - name of the device
- IP Address - from the TV Developer mode app
- Click Finish.
The new target will appear in the Target Configuration list.
- Right click on the new target
Do the following:
- Enter the IP Address from the TV Developer mode app
- Enter the Passphrase from the TV Developer mode app
- Click Apply
- Click OK
A private key will be generated for the new target.
- Once the private key is generated, you can just right click on the new target and click Connect.
Installing the test package
Return to the webOS IDE to install your test build package (IPK).
In the webOS IDE navigation, do the following:
- Select webOS Menu
- Select Install IPK
Select the IPK location on your computer. When you select the location, the Target will automatically be populated.
The installation will take a few minutes to complete. In the bottom right, you will see the progress.
Return to your TV.
With the remote control, press the Home button and look for your app.
- You are ready to begin testing.