This document steps you through using the Google Play Console to create a service account and then perform a couple of configuration tasks.
Create a service account
Perform the following steps to create a service account:
- Browse to the Google Play Console.
- In the top right corner, click Go to Play Console.
- In the left navigation, select Setup → API access.
- Click Create new service account.
- In the dialog that appears, click Google Cloud Platform.
- From the page to which you are redirected, click + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT.
- In the dialog that opens, for the Service account name enter Android Subscriptions then click CREATE.
- In step 2, from the dropdown choose the Role to be Owner then click CONTINUE.
- In step 3, click DONE.
Configure the service account
Perform the following steps to configure your service account:
- For the service account just created, under Actions click the three vertical dots. Then click Manage keys.
- In the Keys information, select ADD KEY → Create new key
- From the private key info, leave the Key type to be JSON, then click CREATE.
- Be sure you see this message displayed:
- You need to email the private key file to your onboarding manager.
- You can close the tab that you opened in step 5, and click Done from the dialog that launched your service account creation process.
- In the Service accounts section, click Grant access next to your newly created service account.
- From the Invite user page, in the Account permissions section, click the Admin (all permissions) checkbox.
- In the bottom-right of the page, click Invite user.
- In the dialog that opens, click Send invite.