Apple Consent Compliance
Apple requires that iOS/tvOS apps must have a delete button to remove a viewer's account. See Apple's App Store Review Guidelines document, Legal - Data Collection and Storage section for full details.
Brightcove Beacon Classic implementation
In the app's Settings -> My Account options a Delete Account option is present
When the viewer clicks the button, Beacon Classic performs the following tasks:
- Confirms the viewer wishes to delete the account.
- Alerts the viewer that they must cancel all active subscriptions with other platform's stores before Beacon Classic account deletion can occur.
- Beacon Classic's backend verifies all of the viewer's active subscriptions with other platform's stores that there are no active subscriptions.
- Removal of viewer information from Stripe and Evergent (name, contact info, payment data)
- Beacon Classic's user management service deletes the account and all associated data associated with that account, like preferences, favorites, recently watched, etc.
- Notifies the user the account is deleted, via a message in an app alert, when all conditions are met and deletion processes completed.
Note that if a viewer uses an OIDC login and logs in after the account has been removed, an account with those credentials will be created, but it is a new, separate account and no previous data associated with that account is retrieved.