This document steps you through using the Google Cloud Platform to create a Pub/Sub topic and add a previously created service account to the Pub/Sub topic.
Create a Pub/Sub topic
Perform the following steps to create a Pub/Sub topic:
- Browse to the index page for Google Cloud platform (https://cloud.google.com).
- Click the Console link in the top-right of the screen.
- Choose the correct project. You most likely have named your project around your app, like Beacon.
- In the Search, enter pub, and once it appears, click Pub/Sub.
- From the Pub/Sub page, click CREATE TOPIC.
- In the Create a topic dialog, enter the Topic ID to be subs, then click CREATE TOPIC.
- On the page that appears, click ← to return to the the Topics page.
Add a member to the topic
Perform the following steps to add a service account as a member of the Pub/Sub topic:
- From the Topics page, for the subs topic, click More actions (the three vertical dots) then from the dropdown select View permissions.
- From the permission panel, click ADD MEMBER.
- Confirm you are seeing the following form:
- To get the required email address, browse to the Google Cloud Console - Service Accounts page. You will find the service account you created in the Managing Google Subscriptions Part 1 document. Copy the email address for the Android Subscriptions (or the name you chose) service account.
- Return to the Add members form in Google Cloud Platform.
- Paste the retrieved email address into the New members text field.
- For the role, select Pub/Sub → Pub/Sub Publisher.
- Click the Send notification email checkbox, and add a message.
- Confirm your form is filled in similar to the following:
- Click Save.
- From the Topics page, click the subs topic.
- From the Topic details, copy the Topic name (note there is built in copy button, outlined in red).
- Send this name to your onboarding manager.